Zimbabwe, known for its history and heritage, is definitely one of my favorite countries to travel. It is an incredibly interesting and diverse country which has so much to offer, including beautiful nature, wildlife, safari, rock art, ancient ruins.
Lots of tourists travel to Zimbabwe mainly to see Victoria Falls but Zimbabwe has a lots of hidden, beautiful places which are worthy to visit. Zimbabwe has five UNESCO Heritage Sites, including Victoria Falls, Mana Pools, the Khami Ruins, Great Zimbabwe National Monument, and Matopos Hills (in Matobo National Park).
For me, Zimbabwe has one of the best wildlife in Africa, including Hwange National Park and Mana Pools.
My Top 18 Highlights:
1. Exploring Victoria Falls National Park - seeing Victoria Falls & rafting adventure
2. Walking with lions at Victoria Falls NP
3. Visiting Elephants Sanctuary "Wild Horizons" at Victoria Falls NP
4. Fishing at Kariba Lake
5. Picnicking at Chivero lake
6. Taking a boat at Mazowe Dam
7. Exploring spectacular Chinhoyi Caves National Park
8. Visiting Giraffe Sanctuary - "Wild Is Life"
9. Visiting the Zimbabwe Elephant Nursery (ZEN)
10. Going on safari in Hwange National Park
11. Going on safari in Mana Pools NP - Superb Safari destination
12. Exploring Matobo National Park - Balancing Rocks & "Bold Heads"
13. Going on safari in Matusadona National Park
14. Discovering the Great Zimbabwe Ruins
15. Visiting Imire Rhino & Wildlife Conservation
16. Exploring Gonarezhou National Park - "the place of the elephants" (Masvingo Province, along the Mozambique border).
17. Picnicking in Vumba Botanical Garden (Mutare, Mozambique borders)
18. Visiting Khami ruins