Rwanda, also known as "the land of a thousand hills" or "the Switzerland of Africa" is situated in East-central Africa.
Rwanda is a beautiful country with stunning scenery, green hills, lakes and mountains. It is home to the mountain gorillas and one of the few places in the world where you can go for gorilla and chimpanzee tracking.
Rwanda's warm, friendly people offer unique experiences in one of the most remarkable countries in the world.
Over the last 30 years Rwanda has become one of the most innovative, cleanest and safest countries in all of Africa. Previously tarnished by profound tragedy, Rwanda's elegant capital has been reinventing itself for a quarter century and now radiates African charm.
My Top 11 Rwanda Highlights:
1. Visiting the Genocide Museum in Kigali.
2. Taking a tour with the Nyamirambo Women’s Centre in Kigali.
3. Visiting the Inema & Niyo Art Centers in Kigali.
4. Exploring Gisenyi & paddling along Lake Kivu.
5. Tracking Gorillas or Golden Monkeys in Volcanoes National Park.
6. Hiking Mount Bisoke to see the crater lake.
7. Trekking Chimpanzee in Nyungwe Forest National Park (Canopy Walk Adventure).
8. Going on safari in Akagera National Park.
9. Taking a coffee tour with Huye Mountain Coffee.
10. Cycling the Congo Nile Trail.
11. Climbing Mount Karisimbi, the highest peak in the Virunga Mountains.
Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda
Lake Kivu, Rwanda
Fishing at lake Kivu
Niyo Arts Centre in Kigali
Dry coffee beans, Rwanda
Bamboo products in Kigali
Craft market in Kigali
Delicious traditional food tasting
Mount Bisoke Crater Lake in Volcanoes National Park
Game drive in Akagera National Park
Tea plantation in Rwanda
Trekking Chimpanzees in Nyungwe National Park
Trekking Mountain Gorillas in Volcano National Park
Trekking Golden Monkeys in Volcanoes National Park