Travel like a local through South Africa from Cape Town to Garden Route, explore local culture, cuisine, wine, hikes, Big 5 and much more.
Join My Trip and explore South Africa, amazing country with beautiful landscape, vibrant culture, safari, some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and mountains for hiking with spectacular views. We will explore the exciting city of Cape Town, taste traditional local cuisine, hike Table Mountain & Lions Head, watch the sunset from Signal Hill, have a picnic on the beach, visit Botanic & Sculpture gardens. We will take the route trip to Cape Point, taste the best wines in Stellenbosch. Then we will continue with our adventure on the Garden Route, where we will explore nature on quad bikes, continue with rafting (kayaking) on the river, and end the trip with elephants and a safari Big 5.
- Explore Cape Town.
- Take a route trip to Cape Point (Cape of Good Hope).
- Explore picturesque Kalk Bay & Muizenberg.
- Visit Penguins in Simons Town.
- Take a boat trip to see Seal Colony in Hout Bay.
- Enjoy a picnic on the most beautiful beaches.
- Hike to the top of Table Mountain & Lions Head.
- Watch the sunset on Signal Hill.
- Explore colorful Bo-Kaap neighborhood.
- Visit the Old Biscuit Mill local market.
- Take a boat trip to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years during Apartheid.
- Taste the best Wines in Stellenbosch & Franschhoek.
- Visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden & the Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden.
- Get adventurous on Atlantis Dunes (Quadbiking and Sandboarding).
- Explore Garden Route.
- Visit Oudtshoorn - famous for its ostrich farms and Cango Caves.
- Explore Wilderness – chill on the beach, hiking.
- Explore Knysna - hike on Heads, boat trip, the Featherbed Private Nature Reserve, Elephant’s Park, Brenton-on-Sea.
- Go down the Storms River in kayak in Plettenberg Bay.
- Explore Tsitsikamma National Park.
- Visit Addo Elephant National Park.
- Enjoy Big 5 in Kwandwe Private Game Reserve.
13 nights' accommodation with 14 breakfast included in a good quality hotel, hostels, guesthouses, Bed & Breakfast, campsite. Includes 2 nights in a Lodge in a Private Game Reserve on the Garden Route. Single rooms and double rooms, depends on each person preferences. Single travelers or couples welcome.
- 13 nights' accommodation - 14 breakfasts - Pre-departure information - Pick up from the airport - All transport within South Africa - Activities & excursions & entrance fees - Tips for local guides
- Flights - Visas (if needed) - Medication & vaccinations - Drinks & meals not mentioned - Travel & health insurance
- Small groups max 6 people
- Program tailored to your budget, needs and wishes
- Travel without the stress of planning
- Bringing together solo travelers
Itinerary for 14 days with 6 stops:
1. Cape Town
Cape Town is one of my favorite cities in the world. Often referred to as the "Mother City", Cape Town is a melting pot of African and European cultures, a mixture of tradition and modern, surrounded with beautiful nature. Breathtaking beaches, mountains with diverse hiking opportunities and wonderful scenery, unique culture, amazing local food, and so many activities including:
- Watching the sunset from the top of Signal Hill.
- Driving the Cape Peninsular (Cape of Good Hope) with the main stops in Muizenberg, Kalk Bay, Boulders Beach (to see the penguins), Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope, and the Chapman’s Peak Drive.
- Continue with Seals Colony in Hout Bay and finish with a nice cool drink in Camp’s Bay overlooking the ocean.
- Browsing at the V&A Waterfront.
- Going for Wine Tasting in Stellenbosch or Franshoek.
- Surfing at Muizenberg Beach.
- Hiking to the top of Table Mountain and Lion’s Head.
- Visiting the Neighbourgoods Market: the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock where you’ll find food, drinks, and lots of other lovely things.
- Visiting Zeitz Galery or Norval Foundation.
- Browsing the streets at colorful Bo Kaap area.
- Taking Salsa class at Mojo Food Market in Sea Point.
- Kayaking & Stand up Paddling on waterfront canals.
- Paragliding or Skydiving.
- Getting adventurous on Atlantis Dunes (Quadbiking and Sandboarding).
- Taking a boat trip to Robben Island.
- Visiting Two Oceans Aquarium in V&A Waterfront.
- Walking in Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden – the tree canopy walkway.
- Kitesurfing or having picnic on the Sunset Beach.
2. Oudtshoorn & Wilderness
The iconic South African Garden Route reaches from the Western Cape to Eastern Cape, along one of the world's most breath-taking coastlines.
The official Garden Route starts in Mossel Bay in the west and ends at Storms River in the east. Knysna, in the middle, is a great place to base yourself on the Garden Route as all the attractions are within very easy reach an accommodation is good here.
On our way to Wilderness, we will stop in Oudtshoorn, known for its ostrich farm and Cango Caves. Then we will continue to Wilderness, beautiful part of the Garden Route, lying in the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains. It’s a lovely place to spend a day or two, immersed in natural beauty.
Many of the activities centre on the Tow River and the surrounding area, including:
- Hiking in Wilderness National Park.
- Canoeing or Kloofing on the Touw River.
- Hiking to the Dolphin Point Lookout.
- Chilling on the beach.
- Surfing: Like many of the other places along the coast, Wilderness is a great place to surf.
- Visiting Timberlake Village.
Our next stop on our Garden Route itinerary is Knysna, a pretty small town, set around a beautiful lagoon. There are lots of things to do in Knysna, including:
- Going for a paddle boarding around the Thesen Island canals.
- Visiting the East Head Viewpoint, where you will get fantastic views over the lagoon.
- Enjoying Oysters: Knysna is famous for its oysters.
- Visiting the Featherbed Nature Reserve - taking the ferry over to do some hiking.
- Taking a boat cruise on the Lagoon Cruise.
- Surfing in Buffalo Bay.
- Going for Whale Watching on an Ocean Safari: Whale season usually runs from June to November.
- Cycling around the Lagoon.
4. Plettenberg Bay
Plettenberg Bay is another awesome place to spend a day or two on the Garden Route itinerary, with a beautiful beach, great hotels and restaurants and lots of local attractions and activities. Interesting things to do:
- Hiking around the Robberg Nature Reserve on the Robberg Peninsula, one of South Africa’s best hiking destinations.
- Visiting the Harkerville Market, which is just outside of town. This is a lovely farmers market, with food and craft stalls.
- Swimming with Seals.
- Visiting the Birds of Eden Sanctuary.
5. Tsitsikamma National Park & Storms River
Tsitsikamma National Park is another beautiful place of the Garden Route with many activities to do. There are three main places to stay in the area – Storms River, Nature’s Valley & The Crags.
I particularly love Storms River where you can find Bloukran’s Bridge, the world’s highest bridge bungee jump. The Crags and Nature’s Valley are also nearby and great to visit. Nature’s Valley has a gorgeous beach you should definitely go and see.
Things to do: - Blackwater Tubing. - Horse Riding. - Abseiling and canyoning through a beautiful forest. - Wine Tasting. - Zipling through Tsitsikamma forest. - Hiking the trails around the Storm’s River Mouth. - Bungee Jumping of Bloukran’s Bridge. - Kayaking. - Hiking to Salt River Mouth.
6. Addo Elephant National Park
One of the most interesting things about Addo is that it isn’t just home to the BIG 5, Addo is home to the BIG 7. So as well as lions, elephants, cape buffalo, black rhinos and leopards, they also have southern right whales and great white sharks which live in the marine section of the park, which lies off the coast of Port Elizabeth.
Things to do: - Safari in Addo Elephant National Park: - Horse Riding in the Park. - Ocean Safari. - Big 7 Safari. - Alexandria Hiking Trail.
Duration: 14 days
Starts: Cape Town
Ends: Port Elizabeth
Maximum Group Size: 6
Minimum Age: 18
Cost: EUR 1,400 per person
Any questions or would you like to join? You can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or What's up +27(72)4443815.